The Fort Bend Junior Service League is an organization of women committed to promoting volunteerism, to developing the potential of women and to improving the Fort Bend County community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Our purpose is exclusively educational and charitable as well as providing an atmosphere of friendliness, goodwill and camaraderie for all members.
The Fort Bend Junior Service League, as the area’s leading women’s volunteer service organization, holds as its core values:
- Providing a meaningful impact on our community’s needs
- Recognizing our members as our most valuable asset
- Strengthening our financial resources for our community’s needs
- Embracing cultural diversity
- Maintaining our tradition of excellence
- Training highly effective volunteers
- Empowering women to be leaders
- Offering the fellowship of volunteering with other women
- Building on our past accomplishments
The Fort Bend Junior Service League will improve Fort Bend County by providing trained and effective volunteers to worthy charitable organizations through our volunteer and fundraising efforts. We will be a leading organization in Fort Bend County that provides such charitable resources.
The League is a growing organization of women dedicated to providing volunteer services, leadership and philanthropy to enrich Fort Bend County. FBJSL is widely recognized for its compassion, integrity and steadfast involvement in community outreach.
I. Community Programs
- Define and develop community programs and align community needs with member needs and talents
- Actively seek out new volunteers and philanthropic opportunities in Fort Bend County
- Collaborate with diverse community groups to effect social change
- Educate the community regarding the League’s ability to provide financial and volunteer resources
- Maximize our effect on the community by increasing development opportunities
- Examine overall League financial support to ensure maximum community impact
- Direct uncommitted financial resources where the League is not able to provide volunteers
- Utilize Sustaining members creatively in the community and as an invaluable resource to the League
- Attract and retain dedicated members
- Continue efforts to increase the multicultural diversity of the League
- Build pride in the organization
- Build Sustainer membership
- Utilize Sustaining members as an invaluable resource
- Use volunteers in leadership positions as efficiently as possible
- Strengthen membership communication
- Increase awareness of leadership opportunities and improve leadership training at all levels
- Effectively train members to assume ownership of their volunteer commitments
- Develop flexible and fulfilling placement options
III. President’s Goals
- Understand and empathize with board members’ and general members’ time constraints and optimally use their available time/talents.
- Strengthen internal policies and procedures.
- Improve recognition of members and their respective contributions to their placements and to the League.
- Focus more attention on our service efforts and mentoring projects to balance out the League’s fundraising strengths and capabilities.
- Encourage more leadership within the League and seek out opportunities to improve training in this area.
- Build and improve community relationships by enhancing our appreciation efforts, upgrading our database technology, circulating an annual report/newsletter and exploring social networking tools.
- Seek out ways in which to increase efficiency of board meetings.