New Member registration for the 2021-2022 League year is now open!
The Fort Bend Junior Service League is now accepting applications for membership for the 2021-2022 League year. Since our inception in 2001, FBJSL has touched the lives of thousands of women and children throughout the Fort Bend community and has raised over $4.5-million and given grants to more than 60 Fort Bend County agencies. We are excited to extend an invitation to all women age 21 and over, who value our mission and are looking for ways to get more involved in Fort Bend County, to work with us to help improve where we live through community engagement. We look forward to the opportunity to have even more talented and compassionate women join our organization!
This summer we will be having new member informationals both in person and via Zoom. Attendance to these events is not mandatory, they are information sessions that provide an opportunity for prospective members to meet League members; learn more about the history, mission, and values of the League; and better understand the membership requirements and application process. For more information, please follow our Facebook page here for announcements on our upcoming informational events. Registration for the upcoming League year will close in August.
To get you started, below are the basic requirements as to what your first volunteer will look like.
New Member/Transfer – Provisional (21 + years of age):
Candidates are placed in a Provisional Class led by the Director of New Members and Provisional Mentors who are dedicated to teaching them about the Fort Bend Junior Service League. Provisional meetings are structured to offer training, provide information about how the League operates, answer questions and develop friendships.
- Attend New Member Luncheon (Optional for transferring members)
- Attend Monthly Provisional Meetings and General Membership meetings (We understand that life happens, so you are allowed to miss up to 3 of these meetings.)
- Complete fifty-four (54) hours of volunteering with League-designated agencies (an average of only 4.5 hours per month, from June 2021 – May 2022).
- Volunteer six (6) hours at Sugar Plum Market
- Participate in two (2) Provisional Projects, designed to help you get to know your fellow Provisional members. (Optional for transferring members)
- Annual Dues $125.00
- Registration Fee $50.00
Proposed Provisional t-shirt for the 2021-2022 League year. Ladies relaxed fit black shirt with hot pink and blue lettering. Design may change slightly.
As soon as you are already ready to join us, please apply here!
If you have any questions regarding provisional or transfer membership, please email our Director of New Members at email@example.com.